Each year, The Injury Clinic looks to support up and coming local athletes by providing sponsorship and support over a 12 month period. In recent years, this has been through inclusion in a ‘Sponsorship Program’; However 2019 will see some exciting changes and the shift of a ‘Sponsorship Program’ to a ‘Development Program’ that aims to not only provide assistance and support, but upskill athletes and equip them with information and advice to ensure a strong future in their chosen sport.
- Introductory Session – Physio*
- Introductory Session – Dietitian*
- Introductory Session – Strength & Conditioning*
- Dietitian – 4 Dietitian Consults**
- Physio – Physiotherapy Consults**
- Strength & Conditioning – 1:1 S&C (bi-monthly)*; Supervised S&C (weekly)**
- Clinic Access – Clinic Gym*; AlterG*
- Education Sessions
* No Cost
** No Gap Payment – Payment of Gap following Private Health Insurance (HICAPS) Claim will be waived. No out of pocket expense.
- Athlete Age: 16 – 22
- Local to the Geelong Region
- Eligible athletes must be excelling in their chosen sport and be able to identify how the program would assist them in achieving their goals
- Eligible athletes must be able to commit to both Education Sessions and S&C Program offered throughout 2019
- Eligible athletes must be able to identify their goals for 2019-2020
- Complete and return all necessary documentation by the date indicated on ‘Junior Athlete Development Program: Application Form’.
- Successful applications will progress to a panel interview. These will be conducted in November, 2018.
- All athletes interviewed will be notified of the outcome of their application via phone (and/or email) by Monday December 3rd.
If you have any questions regarding the Junior Development Program, please don’t hesitate to contact the Clinic Manager, Kim Faull via email – firstname.lastname@example.org.