The Injury Clinic is searching for a Strength & Conditioning Coach to join the team. The clinic has an on-site gym facility that is equipped with functional gym equipment and is available to clients to use to assist in the management and prevention of their injury. We are looking to grow the provision of both group and 1:1 strength and conditioning. The successful applicant will be working with athletes (recreational – elite) and the general population to assist them in achieving their goals.
Title: Strength & Conditioning Coach
Description: The Injury Clinic is seeking a Strength & Conditioning Coach to work in the clinic alongside a team consisting of both physiotherapists and a sports dietitian. The successful applicant will be responsible for supervising group sessions and 1:1 sessions as needed. Strength & Conditioning staff will be expected to work well within the existing team and show initiative in the growth and promotion of Strength & Conditioning at the clinic.
Relevant undergraduate / postgraduate degree (+ industry experience) OR ASCA Level 1 (Minimum)
Responsibilities: The successful applicant will be responsible for the following…
– Supervision of Group Sessions: Inclusive of current clients of the clinic completing programs to assist in injury management and / or performance enhancement
– Progression / Modification of existing programs: Applicable to clients attending supervised sessions. It would be expected that experience and discretion be used to both progress current programs or modify as needed. Changes would need to be communicated with treating physiotherapist
– 1:1 Sessions: Individual program design and supervision. Dependent on the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
– Program design and supervision for The Injury Clinic Sponsored Athletes; Inclusive of communication with coaching staff etc.
– Growth of Strength & Conditioning as a service at The Injury Clinic: Relationships with local sports teams etc.
Expectations: The successful applicant would be expected to…
– Demonstrate exceptional communication skills
– Demonstrate appropriate time management skills
– Show consideration for surroundings and work well within a professional environment
– Show initiative in the growth and provision of Strength & Conditioning as a service at The Injury Clinic
– Be willing to work as part of a team
– Be receptive to feedback regarding performance and management of clients
– Be willing to commit to a position for a period of no less than 12-months
Location: The Injury Clinic, 100 Fyans Street, South Geelong, VIC
Commencement Date: TBC
Availability: Tuesday & Thursday (6am – 8am; 4pm – 7pm)
*Please note that there may be flexibility in the required hours for the right applicant
Application Process: To apply, please email your CV along with a Cover Letter and completion of the ‘Key Selection Criteria’.
Applications Close: Monday February 5th
Contact: For all enquiries, please contact Clinic Director, Laura Anderson via email: firstname.lastname@example.org