ALTER-G ANTI-GRAVITY TREADMILL @ THE INJURY CLINIC
The Injury Clinic is excited to announce the addition of an AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill.
We believe that such an addition will assist us greatly in our continued effort to provide our clients with the best possible outcomes. Not only is this the first Via AlterG® model in Australia, it is the only AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill available to the general population in the Geelong Region.
ALTERG® VIA BODY WEIGHT SUPPORTED TREADMILL…WHAT IS IT?
The new Via Anti-Gravity Treadmill® delivers physical rehab and training benefits you can’t get any other way. Combining patented, NASA Differential Air Pressure (DAP) technology, an intuitive touchscreen interface, real-time gait analytics, and live video monitoring, AlterG® Via enables body weight supported walking, running, and closed-kinetic chain exercise like never before.
HOW THE VIA ANTI-GRAVITY TREADMILL® WORKS:
- Uses air to comfortably and precisely unweight to as little as 20% of body weight in 1% increments.
- Reduces impact and gravitational forces without compromising natural biomechanics.
- Integrates gait analytics and live digital video monitoring for data-driven improvement.
AlterG® Via integrates Stride Smart Gait Analytics that measure the effects of gravitational loading and unloading while providing simple, direct visual feedback on gait symmetry and pain levels; helping clinicians to see the direct effects of unweighting and able to make corrections in real time.
Stride Smart Gait Analytics include:
- Weight Bearing Symmetry
- Step Length Symmetry
- Stance Time Symmetry
- Pain Recording
Via incorporates Live Video Monitoring to help users see and understand gait anomalies they may not feel. Clinicians can quickly identify and control the effects of unweighting on gait to achieve specific rehab and training goals.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM VIA ANTI-GRAVITY TREADMILL®?
INJURIES INCLUSIVE OF (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
|FOOT & ANKLE||
The ability of Via Anti-Gravity Treadmill® to generate real-time gait analytics and video feedback makes it an invaluable tool in regards to both walking and running gait modifications.
It will be able to assist greatly with gait retraining in the context of both injury management and prevention.
NON-INJURED POPULATION: INTEGRATION OF ALTERG INTO RUNNING TRAINING
The use of an AlterG Treadmill can be a valuable addition to run training programs. Many options exist in regards to integrating AlterG sessions into training. How it is used depends greatly on the individual, training goals, injury history etc.
- Additional mileage can be added to training program with reduced injury risk. Running at a reduced percentage of BW reduces both joint load and demands on tissues. This is achieved with no negative impact on gait mechanics or motor patterning.
- Overspeed Training. Overspeed training can be included in training if the goal is to improve running pace. There is a neuromuscular component to improved run performance. We know that gait metrics change at faster running speeds (i.e. increase in step/stride length; increase in step rate (cadence)).
- Running at faster speeds allows neuromuscular adaptation to faster running, conditioning of tissues and neuromuscular pathways to faster pace running.
- Alternatives to overspeed training include: wind; downhill; tow devices etc. These all carry their own risks; overspeed training on an AlterG Treadmill can be completed with reduced risk of injury, and concurrent monitoring of gait metrics.
- Reduced load leading into key events. Load on tissues and joints as well as metabolic stress can be reduced leading into events, whilst conditioning and mileage stays higher. Tapering leading into an event, and the amount in which one should reduce volume and intensity is dependent on many factors. AlterG sessions provide an alternate to reducing stress & load whilst maintaining conditioning and improving mental preparation.
- Maintenance of mileage in recovery weeks. We all need recovery weeks. AlterG sessions can be used as an alternative during recovery weeks to keep mileage higher, yet reduce tissue & joint load. If well programmed, this has the potential to reduce programming spikes and improve tissue health leading into build phases.
DO YOU THINK THE ALTER-G MIGHT HELP YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW? WHAT TO DO NEXT…
You are required to consult with a Physiotherapist at The Injury Clinic prior to use of the AlterG. This will allow appropriate design and progression of sessions to assist you in achieving your goals.
You will be running on the AlterG during this session. Once a plan has been discussed, you can book you’re sessions in and you’re up and running!
CALL THE CLINIC TODAY ON (03) 5229 3911